Epic Fail = Me! :) So I was planning on blogging more and reading more and tweeting more, ect and then this monster called sinusitis attacked me! I defeated him with some antibiotics, but this particular monster is no dummy, and has returned with a vengeance once he noticed the antibiotics were no more… So needless to say I haven’t felt like doing much of anything. So while I have no book to review I thought I would take a cue from the beauty gurus I love to watch on YouTube, and do a favorites post! In no particular order, here are the things I have been loving in January:
1. Baby Lips – I always have chapped lips in the winter, but I hate medicated lip balm. Baby Lips is made by Maybelline and gives you lots of moister, plus a hint of color. As an added bonus it smells great! My favorite shades are Grape Vine, Yummy Plummy, and Peach Kiss.
2. Lenka - I stumbled upon Lenka by accident on YouTube and I LOVE her music!!! Maybe you all know about her, but if not, definitely check her out if you like upbeat relaxing music. I keep thinking of her as like a female Jack Johnson (and I LOOVE Jack!). She has two albums out, and my favorite album is her most recent called Two. Check her out on YouTube.
3. Orange Julius – When I was a kid my grandma would always buy me an Orange Julius at the mall. I was devastated when they went out of business, so imagine my delight when I saw Dairy Queen advertising Orange Julius!!! My favorite is actually the Strawberry Julius, but no matter the flavor, they are delicious!
4. Snow Days – Ok, so I know teachers get a lot of flack for snow days and summers off, but I promise you most of us earn it! lol There is nothing better than that feeling you get when you realize you don’t have to get up and get ready for work. The day is yours, and it is perfectly acceptable to stay in your pajamas all day (at least in my mind it is…).
5. Roku - So this little box is another reason I haven’t read much lately. I don’t have cable, but I do have Amazon Prime and Netflix. This little beauty allows you to stream all of these to your television (much like a Wii of x-box does). It also gives you many free channels, as well as channels you can purchase. I always had to watch videos on my laptop, which then tied up my laptop…Now I can be working on school stuff (or ok, checking out blogs and pinning amazing ideas on pinterest…) AND watching a show or movie!
6. Sudoko – This is the current app I am obsessed with. I play on my ipad because I make too many mistakes to actually do it on paper. It is to the point where I am telling myself “I’ll go to bed after I win one more game…” lol I rationalize by telling myself that I am helping my brain stay young!
7. Switched at Birth - This is an ABC Family show that is on Netflix. I had always passed it up because I thought it was just some cheesy drama. Cheesy it may be, but OMG I LOVE it!!! Basically two girls were switched at birth but they don’t discover it until they are 15. One girl (Bay) has grown up wealthy and privileged while they other (Daphne) has grown up struggling with a single mom, and on top of that, she is deaf. The drama that unfolds in amazing! I have always been intrigued by sign language, and this show has made me want to learn ASL.
Let me know what you have been loving in January!!